DBI Programs & Short Electives
Short elective courses as well as DBI courses are offered by several of our MBA Exchange Partner Schools (see map under destinations). Seats are limited and based on exchange balances. The program content is fully managed by our partner schools.
- DBI & Short Electives are offered to all MBA students – Some courses are also available for MAC students (refer to +).
- All students must have completed their core courses prior to participating in the program.
What is a DBI Program?
A Doing Business In Program consists of a combination of class sessions in-country, company visits, cultural activities, and immense networking opportunities with other students from top business schools around the world.
What about the Short Term Electives Program?
Short intensive elective courses are held over a short period of time ~1 week. The difference between short electives and DBIs is that you primarily have class sessions, but will not visit companies, nor immerse in partner school’s organized cultural tours.
Once selected and nominated:
- Participants remain enrolled at UNC Kenan-Flagler and pay tuition to UNC.
- Participants additionally have to pay an administrative fee to the partner school. The fee range varies.
- Cost of Living expenses for air fare, hotels, etc. are paid by participants.
- Some DBIs have a set program fee which includes hotels and more.
VA GI Bill recipients:
DBIs and Exchange courses are no longer eligible for VA certification/tuition coverage as of August 1, 2020. If you have any questions please direct them to email@example.com