DBI Programs & Short Electives
These short courses are offered by several of our MBA Exchange Partner Schools (see map under destinations). Seats are limited and based on exchange balances. The program content is fully managed by our partner schools.
- DBI & Short Electives are offered to all MBA students – Some courses are also available for MAC students.
- All students must have completed their core courses prior to participating in the program.
What is a DBI Program?
Expect to be busy while immersing yourself in a 1 or 2-week program. A traditional DBI consists of a combination of class sessions in-country, company visits, cultural activities, and immense networking opportunities with other MBA students from top business schools around the world.
What about the Short Term Electives Program?
These short intensive courses could be offered for 3 days or up to 1 week at some of our partner schools. The difference between short electives and DBIs is that you primarily sit in class all day. They may not include company visits or cultural activities as the DBI does, but could.
Once selected and nominated:
- Participants remain enrolled at UNC Kenan-Flagler and pay tuition to UNC.
- Participants pay an administrative fee to the partner school. The fee range varies. Travel costs, hotels and regular cost of living expenses are paid by participants.
- A few DBIs have a set program fee which includes hotels and more. Details can be found under each program.
VA GI Bill recipients:
DBIs and Exchange courses are no longer eligible for VA certification/tuition coverage starting August 1, 2020. If you have any questions please direct them to email@example.com